These common sense methods will keep your workers safe using stackable racks
Tier-Rack portable stacking racks are a great, safe way to utilize your warehouse and business space in an ever changing global, business climate. Our industrial racks offer flexibility and substantial cost savings over the life of other types of racking systems. We thought it would be a good idea to remind our customers of some simple safety keeps to keep in mind when using our portable racks.
1. Just like any product you would lift with your fork truck you always want your product load weight to be even and balanced.
2. If you have long products such as carpet, carpet pad, rolls, etc. it is a good idea to have your racks designed with fork stirrups. Fork stirrups welded to the rack insure that the rack is picked up perfectly on center and will avoid load being picked up off center.
3.Never carry multiple racks at the same time with your fork truck unless the storage racks were specifically designed to do so. Our racks can be used carrying 2 racks, but need to be engineered to carry the extra stress involved with doing so.
4. Obviously as with any warehouse or storage facility keep the area well lit with good, quality lighting. This will help your fork truck drivers be able to see the stacking connections easier and safer.
5. Never overload the racks beyond the racks weight capacity. Similar to pallet racking, it is very important that you do not exceed the manufacturer's weight capacity.
6. Like all loads carried on your fork truck, use caution and avoid using excessive speed which can shift the load if turning, etc.
Tier-Rack warehouse racks, bins, and carts are a great way to store your products. These simple rules will keep you and your workers safe and avoid any problems with product damage.
If you want to learn more about stack racks, click www.tier-rack.com, email email@example.com" data-mce-href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com, or call 1-800-325-7869 for more information.